Many Different uses
Wet pour rubber surfacing has stood the test of time, and still remains by far the most popular safety surface for children’s playgrounds.
With impact absorbing properties, it can, when laid at the correct depth, be used to meet any critical fall height present on play equipment. Rubber safety flooring is also well suited to pathways and general run around areas in schools and public spaces.
All you need to know
Wet pour rubber surfacing is a flexible two-course system which can be installed to a variety of depths.
The non-slip top layer, known as the wearing course, consists of strong and durable EPDM rubber granules mixed with a polyurethane binder. These clean cut and clean faced granules provide a well bonded surface with a high tensile strength that proves to be extremely durable.
The base course comprises granulated recycled rubber, mostly sourced from old truck tyres, to varying depths dependent on the equipment above. The spongy base layer cushions the fall, progressively deforming and lengthening the impact over time and distance.
Wet pour safety surfaces are great for introducing colour to an area, and a number of games, graphics and patterns can make them both fun and educational.
Benefits of our
Wet Pour Rubber Surface
- Fully tested and laid in accordance with BS EN 1176 : 1988 and BS EN 1177 : 1998. We fully meet the standards for free fall height, durability, slip resistance and flammability
- Wide choice of design and colours
- Can be laid on existing tarmac or concrete
- Porous and fast draining
- Installed only by our own specialist operatives
- Durability – many of our original surfaces are still working well after nearly 20 years active use
- Can be cleaned to look like new using our innovative Rubber Surface Cleaning Solution
An ideal safety surfacing solution for playgrounds, indoor and outdoor leisure areas. Guaranteed to give years of service. Please contact us if you require a technical overview or anymore information.
Wet Pour Rubber Height Chart
|Depth of Wet Pour Rubber||
|Free Fall Height||0.7m||1.3m||1.7m||2.3m||2.5m||2.8m||3.2m|
Cardigan Integrated Care Centre
Bright blue wet pour rubber installed underneath some fun Lappset role play and balance items, Autumn 2019
The Court Special School
220m2 of bright coloured rubber playground safety flooring installed at the Court Special School Cardiff, summer 2017
Get in touch today